Malta Citizenship Eligibility for Investors:
The following are requirements for all applicants to Malta’s Individual Investor Programme:
- Investor must be at least 18 years old.
- Investor or any of his/her dependents should not have been indicted or should not have appeared before an International Criminal Court
- Investor or any of his/her dependents shall, at the time of the application, not be persons listed with the International Criminal Police Organization (INTERPOL).
- Investor or any of his/her dependents must not be a potential threat to national security, public health, or public policy.
- Investor or any of his/her dependents, at any time, shall not have been found guilty or shall not have pending charges related to [checklist]
- Crimes of terrorism,
- Money laundering,
- Funding of terrorism,
- Crimes against humanity,
- War crimes, or
- Crimes that infringe upon such Protection of Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms as established by the European Convention on Human Rights,[/checklist]
- Investor or any of his/her dependents should not have been found guilty of, or should not have had charges brought against them, regarding criminal offences that disturb the good order of the family. Such criminal offences include but are not limited or restricted to: [checklist]
- Defilement of minors,
- Violent indecent assault,
- Inducing underage persons to prostitution
- Abduction; [/checklist]
- Investor or any of his/her dependents should not, at the time of application, be interrogated, suspected or charged of any criminal offence that is punishable with imprisonment of more than one year. An investor will also be ineligible if any of these events occurred prior to the application. This requirement does not apply to involuntary offences.
- Investor must commit to providing proof of being a resident of Malta for a period of 12 months preceding the issue of the Certificate of Naturalisation..
- Investor must commit to providing proof of title to residential property in Malta.
- Investor must commit to invest in, amongst others institutions, stocks, bonds, debentures, special purpose vehicles, or to make other investments as mandated by the law.
- Beneficiaries of the Global Residence Programme provided for under Malta’s Income Tax Act must also satisfy all additional eligibility requirements of the aforesaid Programme.
- Investor must meet the requisite investment criteria.
Back to Malta Investment Program