Note: Hong Kong’s Capital Investment Entrant Scheme is currently suspended. For further information, see here.
Capital Investment Entrant Scheme
The Capital Investment Entrant Scheme is designed for individuals desirous of a Permanent Resident of Hong Kong by making a capital investment in Hong Kong. The applicant is entitled to reside in Hong Kong in lieu of making an investment in prescribed permissible assets without establishing or becoming a part of a business in the city-state.
The following categories of individuals can utilize the Scheme to reside and, after fulfilling other requirements, become entitled to apply for right of abode in Hong Kong:
- Nationals of foreign countries other than Afghanistan, Cuba and Democratic People’s Republic of Korea
- Residents of Macao Special Administrative Region.
- Nationals of China who enjoy status of permanent resident in a foreign country. ;
- Stateless persons possessing permanent resident status in a foreign country with proven re-entry facilities.
- Residents of Taiwan.
|Country Size||1,104 km²|
|GDP (Billion current USD)||263.3|
|Earning per capita||373.4 billion PPP dollars|
|Passport Meter||Click Here|
|Cost Of Living||Click Here|
Investment Requirements: Capital Investment Entrant Scheme
- Possession of net assets of not less than HK$10 million with absolute beneficial entitlement for not less than two years prior to the application.
- Investment of not less than HK$10 million in permissible investment asset classes. If already investment, application should be filed within six months of the investment.
- Proof of capacity to support self and dependents without relying on returns from the above-mentioned investments, employment in Hong Kong, or public assistance.
Processing Time: Capital Investment Entrant Scheme
Subject to all requirements being complied with and all documents being submitted, the processing of the application normally takes four to six weeks.
Inclusion of Family: Capital Investment Entrant Scheme
The applicant can include the following in the application:
- Unmarried dependent children below the age of 18 years.
Duration of Permit: Capital Investment Entrant Scheme
Applicant can, upon approval in principle, enter Hong Kong as a visitor for a period of three months. Extension of additional three months may be granted upon proof of progress of investment.
Upon submission of proof of investments, applicant will receive permission to stay for a period of two years. The stay can be extended twice for a period of two years subject to continual fulfillment of investment requirements.
Applicant can apply for right to abode upon completion of seven years of continuous ordinary residence in Hong Kong.
- Valid Travel document
- Hong Kong identity card.
- Completed and signed forms
- Proof of ownership of investment assets.
- Proof of beneficial ownership of investment assets.
- Other prescribed documents
Fees: Hong Kong Capital Investment Entrant Scheme
|Entry permit fee||HK$160|
|Extension of stay||HK$160|
Free Investor Evaluation Check Government Policy