Malta Individual Investor Programme
The Individual Investor Programme of the Republic of Malta was established under Legal Notice 47 of 2014. Under the Programme, an individual can become a citizen of Malta by contributing to the economic and social development of the country. This contribution can lead to the granting of a certificate of naturalization to the investor and his or her family.
Malta Investor Immigration: Investment Criteria
|Main Applicant||€650,00070% goes into the National Development and Social Fund.
Non-refundable payment of EUR 10,000.
|Each and every child below 18 years of age||€25,000|
|Each and every unmarried child between 18 and 26 years||€50,000|
|Each and every dependant parent above 55 years||€50,000|
After the application is approved in principle, an applicant must:
- Purchase a global health insurance policy for him/herself and dependants, and
- Acquire and hold a residential immovable property in Malta having a minimum value of €350,000 for at least five years or lease a residential immovable property in Malta for a minimum annual rent of €16,000 for at least five years, and
- Make other investments in Malta to an amount of €150,000 in approved instruments and hold said investments for at least five years
Malta Investor Immigration: Time Frame
Minimum of six months and Maximum of two years. The maximum includes the mandatory period of residency in Malta of one year.
|Each Dependent child aged 13-17||€3,000|
|Each Dependent child aged 18-26||€5,000|
|Each Dependent aged 55 or above||€5,000|
- Malta Investor Immigration: Application Process
- Who can Apply For Malta’s Individual Investor Programme
- Malta Investor Immigration: Documents Required
- Malta Investor Immigration: Ineligible Applicants
The Individual Investor programme shall be operated with utmost consideration the international obligations of Malta. Emphasis will be laid on preserving Malta’s good reputation as a worthy, transparent and reputable financial centre and a respectable jurisdiction for international business.
The number of successful main applicants shall not exceed 1800 for the entire duration of the Individual Investor Programme.