The Individual Investor Programme of the Republic of Malta an individual can become a citizen by contributing to the economic and social development of Malta. Such contributions can lead to the granting of a certificate of naturalization to the investor as well as his or her family.
Introduction to Malta
Malta became a member of the European Union in 2004. Becoming a citizen of Malta will entitle you to travel without a visa to more than 160 countries. You will also enjoy the right to work and reside in all members-states of the European Union.
With a rich history that stretches back more than 7500 years, this stable and prosperous country has a democratically elected government, a strong and independent judicial system and other institutions that ensure proper governance of this cultured and educated society. The country’s robust educational and healthcare systems help maintain a very high standard of living. The economy is supported by a large tourism industry and a strong financial sector that is closely linked with other economies in the European Union. Malta also has a pleasant climate and low crime rates.
Benefits of Applying under the Individual Investor Programme
Becoming a citizen of Malta will entitle you to the following benefits:
- The right to travel to more than 160 countries in the world without any visa requirements.
- Access to Malta’s liberalized tax system and tax planning benefits.
- The right to hold a Maltese passport as well as your existing passport.
- The enjoyment of personal security in a developed country with a strong and stable political system.
- Excellent quality of life with access to Malta’s healthcare and other social institutions.
- Quality Maltese education for your children without any restrictions.
|Country Size||316 km2|
|GDP (billion current USD)||13.38 (2014 est.)|
|Earning per capita (current USD)||31,700 (2014 est.)|
|Passport Meter||Click Here|
|Cost Of Living||Click Here|
Investment Requirements for Malta Individual Investor Programme
|Child below 18 years of age||€25,000 per person|
|Unmarried child between 18 and 26 years||€50,000 per person|
|Dependant parent above 55 years||€50,000 per person|
After approval, the applicant must
- Invest at least €150,000 in approved instruments and hold the investment for at least five years.
- Buy residential immovable property in Malta with a minimum value of €350,000 and hold the property for at least five years or lease a residential immovable property in Malta with a minimum annual rent of €16,000 for a period of five years.
Fees for Malta Individual Investor Programme
|Each Dependent child aged 13-17||€3,000|
|Each Dependent child aged 18-26||€5,000|
|Each Dependent aged 55 or above||€5,000|
Processing Time for Malta Individual Investor Programme
Between 6 to 24 months
Required Documents for Malta Investment Immigration
- Health certificate
- Police certificate
- Certificate of Fit and Proper Persons
- Investment undertaking
- Property purchase undertaking
- Undertaking to support dependents
Interested Investors: Kindly complete the following form and we will contact you to discuss your global residency and citizenship investment options.