Dubai does not offer permanent residence to individuals purchasing real estate in the country. While purchase of property may lead to issue of long-term residence permit in some cases, mere real estate investment does not guarantee eligibility for a long-term residence permit.
Investment Requirement for Dubai Investor Residence visa
Dubai offers long-term residence to professionals and other individuals in Dubai through the business partnership route. Applicants must form a business partnership with a UAE national and invest not less than AED 70,000 in such the share capital of such business.
Security Deposit for Dubai Investor Residence
Applicants were required to make a security deposit for AED 20,000 or AED 10,000 depending on their equity stake in the business partnership and their holding a professional license. The requirement of security deposit has been abolished w.e.f 01st August, 2014.
Application Procedure for Dubai Investor Residence
- If the applicant is seeking residence permit as an investor, then he or she must fill the visa application form along with documents related to identity, finances, business partnership, and professional license.
- If the applicant is seeking change in Entry status to that of a residence investor, then he or she must apply for cancellation of the existing permit after filing application for the Investor visa.
- The individual must be sponsored by a UAE national and the application should be made to the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs.
Inclusion of Family
The resident permit issued to the applicant covers the following family members:
- Relative of first degree i.e. parents or relatives of second degree i.e. grandparents and brothers in event of a situation requiring humanitarian assistance by applicant.
Dubai Investor Residence permit is valid for a period of three years. The visa shall lapse if the investor leaves the country for a period of six months.
Upon fulfillment of certain conditions, the male child of the applicant aged above 18 years may be grated residence with a validity of one year.
Fees for Dubai Residence Visa
|Residence Visa Fees||370 AED|
|Refundable guarantee for the sponsorship of relatives of first degree or second degree (humanitarian situation)||5000 AED|
|Urgent Application fees (if required)||130 AED|
|Delivery charges||20 AED|
- Completed application form for Dubai residence visa
- Original Entry permit of applicant.
- Original passport of applicant.
- Copy of passport of sponsorer.
- Original report of medical test or proof of submission of relevant details online.
- Proof of have adequate finances to sustain self and family in Dubai
- Copy of contract with partners
- Completed form issued by the Economic Development Department
- Memorandum of Association as proof of equity stake of the applicant in the business.
- Proof of professional license of Investor
- Copy of Investor Visa Deposit Receipt
Interested Investors: Kindly complete the following form and we will contact you to discuss your global residency and citizenship investment options.