Straddling the South Atlantic Ocean and Indian Ocean, South Africa is Africa’s most developed nation with second-biggest economy in the continent. The country’s GDP constitutes a third of the entire GDP of Africa and investor immigrants enjoy numerous opportunities to generate good returns on investment along with the right to reside in a developed multi-ethnic society offering all modern facilities and amenities.
Benefits: South Africa Investor Residency
- A developed economy with numerous investment opportunities
- Modern and effective transport infrastructure with good connectivity to all developed countries.
- A plural society with strong commitment to democracy and good governance.
- Access to quality healthcare, education, and productive lifestyle.
- Option of applying for citizenship after obtaining the permanent residence permit.
|Country Size||1,221,037 km²|
|GDP (billion current USD)||350.6|
|Earning per capita (current USD)||5885.22|
|Passport Meter||Click Here|
|Cost Of Living||Click Here|
Investment Requirements: South Africa Investor Residency
|Business Visa||Capital contribution of not less than R 5 million in new machinery or equipment in a new or existing business60% of total staff shall be citizens or permanent residents as permanent employees|
|Retired Persons’ Visa||Minimum monthly income of R 37,000 for the applicant derived from pension/irrevocable annuity/retirement accounts or combination of assets, or the applicant’s net worth.|
|Permanent Residence Permit|
|On basis of establishing a new business or investing in an existing business in South Africa||Capital contribution of not less than R 5 million in new machinery or equipment in a new or existing business60% of total staff shall be citizens or permanent residents as permanent employees|
|On basis of retirement in South Africa||Minimum monthly income of R 37,000 for the applicant derived from pension/irrevocable annuity/retirement accounts or combination of assets, or the applicant’s net worth.|
|On basis of Net Worth||Minimum net worth of R12 Million with R120 000 payable to the Director-General immediately upon approval of the residence permit application.|
Fees: South Africa Investor Residency
|Temporary Business Permits Application fee||R 1520|
|Temporary Retired Persons’ Permits Application fee||R 425|
|Permanent Residence Permit|
|Establish or invest in a new business in South Africa||R 1520|
|Established a business or investing in an existing business||R 1520|
|Retiring in South Africa||R 1520|
|On basis of Net Worth||R 1520|
Processing Time: South Africa Investor Residency
|Temporary Business Visa||Average 8 weeks|
|Temporary Retired Persons’ Visa||Average 8 weeks|
|Permanent Residence Permit||Minimum of 8 months|
Inclusion of Family Members: South Africa Investor Residency
The immigrant investor can include his/her immediate family members in the application. Immediate family is defined to include persons within the second step of kinship. Normally, the investor can include the following family members:
- Dependent children
Documents Required for Temporary Visa/ Permanent Resident Permit of South Africa
- Duly completed application form
- A valid passport or other documentary proof of identity
- Original or Certified copy of full birth certificate
- Proof of change of name or gender if applicable
- Radiological report for all applicants aged 12 years or more except for pregnant women
- Medical Certificate
- Police clearance certificate for all applicants aged 18 years of age and above
- Proof of marriage or cohabitation
- Proof of divorce or legal separation, or death of spouse where applicable
- Consent of both parents in event applicant is a parent of a minor child
- Proof of educational, trade or professional qualifications
- Proof of payment of fees and charges.
- Proof of compliance with the investment requirements prescribed for the various visa and permanent residence permit options.
Application Procedure: South Africa Investor Residency
The application procedure for temporary visa or permanent residence permit for residing in South Africa consists of numerous steps like completion of the application form, submission of prescribed documents, complying with investment requirements, and so on. Click here to learn more about the procedure of application and the various government policies governing the various temporary visas and permanent residence permits issued by the Republic of South Africa.
General Information: Contact us to receive more information about this article.
Interested Investors: Kindly complete the following form and we will contact you to discuss your global residency and citizenship investment options.