Canada Investor Immigration
Canada is the most desired country to live, work and to spend quality time with your family and is therefore a great choice for residence.
To ease Business immigration, Canada has a official `investor immigration program` for business entrepreneurs, self employed person and investors coming from outside canada who can substantially invest in canadian economy and development which includes creating new jobs and businesses.
Under Canada Investor Immigration program a permanent residence in canada can be obtained.
The Federal Government of Canada has abolished its Immigrant Investor and Entrepreneur Program. However, Quebec’s Ministère’s Immigrant Investor Program and Immigration Entrepreneur Program is not affected by this decision and investors desirous of migrating to Québec can apply under the program.
Applying as a Canada Immigrant Investor involves of five steps:
- Fulfillment of selection requirements of the Gouvernement du Québec and fulfillment of admission requirements of the Government of Canada.
- Meet the requirements of the Quebec Investor Program.
- Complying with all other selection requirements.
- Completing the application form and submitting all supporting documents.
- Applying to the Government of Canada for Permanent Residence.
Canada Investor Immigration: Processing Time
Canada investor immigration program’s processing time for the Selection Certificate and Permanent Resident Visa varies depending on the country of residence of the applicant.
To apply for citizenship under Canada Investor Immigration, you must have atleast 4yrs of residence and of which 2yrs of permanent residence is a must.
Canada has no restrictions on dual nationality, while other countries do not. You can still live in Canada with permanent residence and not giving up your old citizenship.