The UK closed its Tier 1 Investor Visa as of February 2022 in response to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine. Read more here.
The Tier 1 (Investor) visa is designed to facilitate accelerated permanent settlement for those who are willing to make substantial investments in the UK. This visa is suitable for high-net-worth individuals seeking permanent resident status in the UK. The visa comes with lenient requirements regarding residency and the English language. Candidates should also consider the UK Tier 1 Innovator Visa.
Benefits: UK Investor Residence Program
- Remain in the UK for a maximum duration of 3 years and 4 months.
- Apply for an extension for two more years if you applied under this program or for more than three years if you are switching to this program from another visa category.
- Invest in UK government bonds, share capital, or loan capital in active and trading companies registered in the UK.
- Ability to work or study in the UK.
- Apply to remain in the UK indefinitely after five years and four months
- Apply for indefinite permission to remain in the UK after two years if you invest more than £10 million or, after three years if you invest more than £5 million.
- No business or management experience required
- Very objective entry criteria, predictable outcome
|Country Size||242495 km2|
|GDP (trillion current USD)||2.43 (2014 est.)|
|Earning per capita (current USD)||37,700 (2014 est.)|
|Passport Meter||Click Here|
|Cost Of Living||Click Here|
|Apply for indefinite leave to remain after 5 years and 4 months||Invest £2 million in UK government bonds, share capital or loan capital in active and trading UK registered companies|
|Apply for indefinite leave to remain after 3 years||Invest £5 million in UK government bonds, share capital or loan capital in active and trading UK registered companies|
|Apply for indefinite leave to remain after 2 years||Invest £10 million in UK government bonds, share capital or loan capital in active and trading UK registered companies|
Processing Time: UK Investor Residence Program
The application will be processed within 3 weeks and the visa, if applied by post, will be delivered within 8 weeks.
If you are applying outside the UK, then processing time depends on the time required to obtain a UK visa in your country.
Inclusion of Family Members: UK Investor Residence Program
The application can include
- Spouse or partner.
- Dependent children below the age of 18 years.
Fees: UK Investor Residence Program
You must pay £1,623 to apply for a Tier 1 (Investor) visa. The fee is the same if you’re extending or switching visas, or if you’re applying as a family member.
Read UK’s investment immigration program news articles here.
Click here for detailed information about the application procedure and the various rules and regulations applicable to UK’s investment immigration policy.General Information: Contact us to receive more information about this article.
Interested Investors: Kindly complete the following form and we will contact you to discuss your global residency and citizenship investment options.