Justification of National Economic Interest
The applicant must submit proof of:
- Acquisition of ownership of State Treasury Bonds for a term of more than five years with a minimum nominal value of more than €300,000.
- The security should be issued by an enterprise as defined by law.
- The security can be acquired either personally by the applicant or by a company of which the applicant is the majority owner.
- The investment must be proven with a deed issued by the enterprise certifying the issuance of the bonds.
- Payment for the bonds must be made within 45 days of the issuance of the residence permit.
- If national economic interest is not established for the purchase of treasury bonds, then the applicant must submit credible documentary evidence justifying his or her purpose of entry and residence in Hungary.
Upon approval of the application for the residence permit, the applicant will acquire a provisional visa allowing him/her to obtain his/her residence permit. This visa allows the applicant to visit Hungary for a period of not more than 30 days to take possession of his/her residence permit.
Hungary Investor Residence Program: Duration
A Hungarian investor residence permit issued for national economic interest will be valid for five years. The permit can be extended for up to another five years on a case-by-case basis.
The applicant must possess a travel document that is valid for at least three months more than the stay authorized by the relevant residence permit.
Submission of Documents
The applicant should submit his/her application for a residence permit at a consular office or other authorized office operating in the applicant’s country of permanent or regular residence. Since the application process involves recording the biometric data of the applicant, the application for a residence permit must be submitted personally.
An application for an extension of a residence permit should be filed at the Regional Directorate.
Hungary Investor Residence Program: Inclusion of family members
An applicant seeking a residence permit on grounds of national economic interest is entitled to include the following family members in the application:
- Minor children.
While no additional investment is required for family members, the applicant will have to submit the following documents:
- Two photographs per dependant
- Valid travel documents for each dependent.
- Proof of existence of family relations, and
- Proof of applicant’s ability to provide living allowance, housing, and health care to dependents.
Administrative service fee for application for residence permit
|Filing outside Hungary||Filing in Hungary|
|Each dependent family member||€60||18,000 HUF|
Administrative service fee for extension of residence permit
|Each dependent family member||10,000 HUF|
Free Investor Evaluation