Permanent Residence Permit in Bahamas
Situated 1,200km miles from the coast of Florida, the Bahamas is a group of 700 islands that allows investors to obtain permits through significant real estate purchases in the country. Investors desirous of residing in Bahamas can apply for a residence Permit issued by the Department of Immigration.
The permit is valid until the death of the applicant and covers the applicant’s spouse and children.
Benefits of holding Bahamas Investor Residence Visa include:
- Right to reside in the Bahamas without further renewal of permits.
- Right to enjoy all privileges enjoyed by citizens of Bahamas except for the right to vote.
- Right to purchase property in Bahamas
- Liberal tax regime.
- Easy travel to Commonwealth nations, members of the Caribbean Community and the members of the Organization of American States
- Eligible to apply for Citizenship of Bahamas after fulfilling residence requirements.
|Country Size||13,940 km2|
|GDP (billion current USD)||8.149 (2012)|
|Earning per capita (current USD)||27180.99|
|Passport Meter||Click Here|
|Cost Of Living||Click Here|
Investment Requirements: Bahamas Investor Residence Visa
|Purchase of property in Bahamas.Applications by investors purchasing property of value in excess of BS $500,000 million will be given speedy consideration for permanent residence.||BS $500,000|
Fees: Bahamas Investor Residence Visa
|Non-refundable processing fee||BS $100|
|Permit Fee – Both With or Without Right to Work||BS $10,000|
|Endorsement of wife and children||BS $25|
Inclusion of Family: Bahamas Investor Residence Visa
The resident permit issued to the applicant covers the following family members through endorsement:
- Dependent children
Documents: Bahamas Investor Residence Visa
- Completed Application for residence permit without work in Andorra
- Copy of the passport
- Original police certificate of character
- Original birth certificate
- Original medical certificate
- Two character references by Bahamian citizens
- Birth certificate and marriage certificate of parents of the applicant.
- Marriage certificate, Divorce certificate, and certificate of death of spouse as applicable
- Certificate of economic worth of the applicant
Application Procedure: Bahamas Investor Residence Visa
This permit entitles the immigrant to reside in Bahamas permanently. The application for Permanent Residence should be made to the Department of Immigration. After obtaining the permit, the applicant will be required to obtain a Home Owners Resident Card to become eligible to purchase property in the country.
The detailed application procedure and government policy regarding economic residence permit in Bahamas is available here.
Free Investor Evaluation Check Government Policy