The Cayman Islands offers Permanent Residence permit for persons of Independent Means through four different categories.
The investment options of Cayman Islands Investor Immigration are:
- Residency Certificate for Persons of Independent Means
- Certificate of Direct Investment
- Certificate of Permanent Residence for Persons of Independent Means
- Residency Certificate (Substantial Business Presence)
Each investment option has its own independent requirements with certain aspects like documentation and obligations of applicants pending approval of the Certificate being common for all the options.
Fees: Cayman Islands Investor Immigration
|Application fee||Issue fee||Issue fee per dependant||Annual fee per dependant||Annual fee||Application for a variation|
|Residency Certificate for Persons of Independent Means||CI$ 500||CI$ 20,000||CI$ 1,000||NIL||Annual fee equivalent to fee payable by a person authorized by a work permit under section 48 in the same occupation||CI$ 500|
|Certificate of Direct Investment||CI$ 1,000||CI$ 20,000||CI$ 1,000||CI$ 1,000||An annual fee equivalent to that payable by a person authorized by a work permit under section 48 in the same occupation||CI$ 500|
|Certificate of Permanent Residency for Persons of Independent Means||CI$ 500||CI$ 100,000||CI$ 1,000||NIL||An annual fee equivalent to that payable by a person authorized by a work permit holder in the same occupation||CI$ 500|
|Certificate of Permanent Residency (Substantial Business Presence)||CI$ 1,000||CI$ 5,000||CI$ 1,000||NIL||An annual fee equivalent to that payable by a person authorized by a work permit holder in the same occupation||CI$ 500|
General grounds for Revocation as per Section 38 of the Immigration Law
- Investor organizes or engages in subversive political activity or in causes that promote racism within the Islands.
- Submission of false material information or concealment of a material fact.
- Conviction of an offence against the laws of the Islands.
- Conviction of an offence under the law of another country with the nature of offence being such that the continued presence of the investor in the Islands would be harmful to public interest.
- Mentally disorder or mentally defective as defined by relevant Cayman laws.
- Medically certified as suffering from a communicable disease leading to harm or danger to the Cayman Islands community;
- Reasonably believed to be a prostitute and reasonably believed to have come for purposes of prostitution.
- Reasonably believed to be living on or to be receiving proceeds of prostitution.
- Failure of maintenance of mandatory financial investments specified in the Permanent Residence application.
- Deemed by the Governor to be an undesirable inhabitant.
- Being a continuous ordinary resident outside the Islands for a period of one year or more.
Appeal against refusal of Permanent Residence application
The applicant can appeal against the rejection of the Chief Immigration Officer or the Caymanian Status & Permanent Residency Board to the Immigration Appeals Tribunal. The appeal should be filed within twenty-eight days of the communication of the decision. The fee for the appeal is CI$1,000 and the appeal can be lodged on grounds of:
- Being erroneous in law;
- Being unreasonable;
- Rejection being contrary to principles of natural justice; or
- Rejection being at variance with Immigration Regulations
Obligation of Applicant pending the outcome of the Permanent Residence Application
The applicant is bound to provide written information about changes to the application while awaiting the decision of the Board or Chief Immigration Officer in relation to the following points:
- Conviction for any offence,
- Unemployment of the applicant
- Applicant being charged with an offence
- Loss of assets listed in the application
- Change in marital status or relationship with dependants.
- Dissolution of marriage within 30 days of dissolution.
- Death of spouse.
Interested Investors: Kindly complete the following form and we will contact you to discuss your global residency and citizenship investment options.