Permission to extend your leave to stay in the UK:
If original leave to stay was granted before 6th November 2014
The following conditions apply:
- Have at least £1 million under applicant’s control in the UK.
- Invest capital values of more than £750,000 in UK Government bonds, share capital or loan capital in an active and trading company/companies registered in the UK provided the company/companies are not principally engaged in property investment.
- Invest the balance of the £1 million borrowed in deposits in a UK-regulated financial institution or utilize the balance for purchase of assets within 3 months of either:
- The date of entry or date of entry clearance if granted entry as a Tier 1 (Investor)
- Date of grant of leave to remain as Tier 1 (Investor)
The applicant may rely on funds owned individually or jointly with a spouse, civil partner, unmarried or same sex partner if the applicant has an unrestricted right to transfer and dispose of the funds and has permission to control the funds in the UK.
Maintenance of Investment
The minimum investment of £750,000 must be maintained at that level throughout the period of leave to enter and remain in the UK. Modifications of investments are permitted as long as the level of investment does not fall below the required minimum.
If the value of investment fluctuates, then it must be corrected by the next reporting period.
Self managed portfolios are permitted as well as portfolios produced by a UK regulated financial entity.
The total investment throughout the period should not fall below £1 million. If the full sum of £1 million is invested, then no balance of funding is necessary.
If an amount between £750,000 and £1 million is invested, the applicant must provide evidence of the balance of funds and it must be maintained at that level.