Investment in National Development Fund
Established under Section 42(2) of the Finance Administration Act, 2006, the National Development Fund is a non-profit fund that was created in order to finance: government projects, public-private partnerships, and other charitable investments approved by the government.
An investor can acquire citizenship by making a one-time investment of at least US $200,000 into the NDF (National Development Fund). This is $250,000 for an investor obtaining citizenship with a family of more than four dependents.
Once the investment is made, an applicant can acquire citizenship for himself/herself, his or her spouse, dependent children, and dependent parents above the age of 65 years without any additional investment requirements.
Application Process Under the NDF( National Development Fund) investment Option
- Obtain the required forms from a local agent authorized by the Citizenship by Investment Unit of the Government of Antigua and Barbuda
- Submit the completed application form along with all required documents.
- Pay the requisite due diligence fees and 10% of the total government processing fee. After payment, the application shall be processed and verified by the agency implementing the program.
- Within three months of the submission of the application, the Citizenship by Investment Unit shall verify the application form and convey a notice of approval, rejection, or continuation of processing due to delay.
- Upon approval, a Letter of Approval will be issued along with instructions concerning the payment of the remaining government processing fees, payment of passport fees, and the investment of at least US $200,000 into the National Development Fund. All payments should be made within 30 days of the application’s approval
- Upon submission of proof of payment of all necessary fees and proof of NDF investment, a Certificate of Registration of Citizenship will be issued for the applicant and all eligible dependents.
- Along with the application and all other required documents, the Certificate will be required in order to obtain a passport of Antigua and Barbuda
- The applicant will be required to take the oath or affirmation of allegiance upon his or her first visit to Antigua and Barbuda. Alternatively, the investor can visit an embassy, high commission, or Consular Office in his/her country of residence to complete this requirement.
The National Development Fund is answerable to the Parliament of Antigua and Barbuda and is required by law to submit biannual reports with all necessary details and information. The reports shall be presented to the Parliament and help maintain Parliamentary oversight concerning the transparent operation of the Fund. The report shall also be audited by an internationally reputed accounting organization.
The application procedure for acquiring citizenship in Antigua & Barbuda varies depending on the form of investment chosen by the investor.
Click here for an overview of Antigua and Barbuda government policies concerning investment immigration and detailed information on the formalities and procedures to be completed by an immigrant during the application process.General Information: Contact us to receive more information about this article.
Interested Investors: Kindly complete the following form and we will contact you to discuss your global residency and citizenship investment options.