A new draw for the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program’s Entrepreneur Stream has been conducted by Ontario immigration officials.
The draw, conducted on February 6, 2018, saw the OINP issue 13 Invitations to Apply to candidates, with a minimum score of 137.
Ontario Entrepreneur Stream Draw
|Draw Date||Invitations to Apply||Lowest Score|
Ontario Opens Two International Student Immigration Streams
Latest Ontario Express Entry Draw Sees 380 Invited to Apply
Ontario Receives Increased OINP Allocation and Opens All But Two Immigration Streams
This is the first draw of 2018 under OES, with specific details published for the first time by the province. This comes following an agreement on immigration signed with Canada’s federal government in late 2018.
Ontario Entrepreneur Stream: Steps to Canadian Permanent Residency
Step 1: Make Sure You Satisfy all Criteria and Requirements
Step 2: Complete and Submit an Online Expression of Interest (EOI)
Step 3: Invitation to Apply
Step 4: Submit Your Online Application
Step 5: Application Assessment
Step 6: Sign Performance Agreement
Step 7: Before You Arrive: Temporary Work Permit
Step 8: After You Arrive: 20 Months For Business Establishment
Step 9: Nomination for Permanent Residence
Step 10: Application For Permanent Residence, Plus Three Years of Monitoring
Ontario Corporate Stream: Steps to Canadian Permanent Residency
Step 1: Make Sure You Satisfy all the Criteria and Requirements of the OCS
Step 2: Submit Application
Step 3: Application Assessment
Step 4: Sign Performance Agreement
Step 5: Temporary Work Permit
Step 6: Arrival and Business Establishment
Step 7: Nomination and Application for Permanent Residence
Step 8: Monitoring
Summary: Canada-Ontario Immigration Agreement
- Ontario will provide an annual provincial immigration plan to the federal government, to be considered when Canada-wide annual levels are finalized.
- Develop ways to increase numbers of French-speaking immigrants, an improve integration services for when those immigrants arrive.
- Recognize the important role played by local government in attracting and retaining newcomers.
- Promotion and recruitment of immigrants and temporary residents to meet Ontario’s labour market needs.
- Ontario’s authority to nominate immigrants under the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program.
- Continued investment in the integration of immigrants particularly with regard to reception, health, education and social services.
- Promotion of a multicultural Canadian society.
Ontario has also begun publishing details of draws under its popular Express Entry Human Capital Priorities Stream.
Two draws have been conducted so far in 2018, with 720 candidates invited to apply.
The OINP has received an increased federal government allocation for 2018 of 6,600 nominations, up 600 on the number for 2017.
It recently opened its popular International Student Streams for Masters and PhD graduates. The Masters option closed hours after it opened, while the PhD option remains open for applications.
Status of OINP Streams
|Human Capital Priorities (Express Entry)||Open|
|French-Speaking Skilled Worker (Express Entry)||Open|
|Skilled Trades (Express Entry)||Open|
|Employer Job Offer||Open|
|International Student (Masters Graduate)||Closed|
|International Student (PhD Graduate)||Open|
|Investor Immigration (Corporate)||Open|
|Investor Immigration (Entrepreneur)||Open|
Source: www.ontarioimmigration.caGeneral Information: Contact us to receive more information about this article.
Interested Investors: Kindly complete the following form and we will contact you to discuss your global residency and citizenship investment options.