The main category of British Columbia’s Entrepreneur Immigration stream will continue its pause on applications for the time being.
A British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program (BCPNP) statement said a review of the stream remains ongoing.
“The temporary pause on the intake of new registrations to the Entrepreneur Immigration – Base category remains in place as we continue to review the category to ensure it supports government priorities, aligns with the Stronger BC Economic Plan, and prepares prospective applicants for the greatest chance of success,” the statement said.
British Columbia Invites 11 Entrepreneurs In New Business Immigration Draw
British Columbia Entrepreneur Immigration: 50 Communities Line Up To Take Part
New British Columbia Entrepreneur Draw Sees Province Issues Up To 15 Invitations
Those who have already applied, or been invited to apply, are not affected by the pause, the statement added.
The Entrepreneur Immigration Regional Pilot remains open, as do the Strategic Projects and Skills Immigration streams.
A further update is planned for May 1.
British Columbia Entrepreneur Immigration Stream
Eligibility Requirements for Main Category
- The personal net worth of minimum $600,000, legally obtained.
- Invest minimum $200,000 in an eligible new business or to purchase and improve an existing business in BC.
- Create at least one new full-time job in your business for a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident.
- Canadian Language Benchmark Level 4 In English or French in each of the four competencies: listening, speaking, reading and writing, BY THE TIME OF NOMINATION.
- Suitable business and/or management experience.
- Have, or be eligible for, legal temporary immigration status in Canada.
- Have been lawfully admitted to the country where you currently reside.
British Columbia Entrepreneur Immigration – Regional Pilot
Eligibility Requirements for Candidates
- Net worth of minimum $300,000.
- Minimum of $100,000 in eligible business investments.
- Minimum of 51% ownership in the new business.
- Canadian Language Benchmark Level 4 In English or French in each of the four competencies: listening, speaking, reading and writing.
- Create at least one new full-time job for a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
- Conduct an exploratory visit in the target community
Eligibility Requirements for Communities
- A population of fewer than 75,000 people.
- Located beyond 30 km of a municipality of more than 75,000 people.
- Demonstrate capacity to support the entrepreneur through a network of established settlement and business support agencies.
Interested Investors: Kindly complete the following form and we will contact you to discuss your global residency and citizenship investment options.