Eligibility: Business Innovation and Investment Provisional visa (Subclass 188)
You must fulfill the following requirements to apply for Business Innovation and Investment Provisional visa (Subclass 188).
- You must be nominated by a State or Territory Government.
- You must be invited to apply for this visa.
- You and all your dependant family members, whether they are migrating or not, must be free of any disease or condition
- Considered a threat to Australian public health or community, or
- Likely to result in significant expenses and costs related to health care and community service to the Australian community, or
- Likely to require health care and community services resulting in prejudice to access of Australian citizens to such services.
- You should meet the character requirements set out under S. 501 of the Migration Act, 1958. You will fail the character test if you:
- Have a substantial criminal record.
- Have been convicted of escaping from immigration detention or of committing an offence in immigration detention or during or after escape from immigration detention.
- Have or had association with person or group suspected of past or current involvement in criminal conduct.
- Are not found to be of a good character due to your past and present criminal or general conduct.
- Pose a significant risk to law and order in Australia or pose the risk that you will harass, molest, intimidate, or stalk any person, community, or segment of an Australian community.
- You and your dependant family members, whether migrating or not, should provide a police certificate from each country where you have resided for not less than 12 months during the past ten years after attaining the age of 16 years.
- You must read or must have been explained the book named “Life in Australia” and confirm your respect for the Australian way of life and the law of the land by signing an Australian Values Statement. This is mandatory if you are above the age of 18 years.
- You must arrange to repay all outstanding debts owed to the Australian government before you become eligible to receive this visa.
Application Procedure :Business Innovation and Investment Provisional visa (Subclass 188)
- Submit an Expression of Interest through the online service SkillSelect and submit all required information like personal information, work experience, study and education, details of skills assessment related to your occupation, and business and investment experience.
- The EOI must also specify the stream you intend to apply under and whether you wish to do business or make investments in more than one States or Territories.
- If your EOI meets the eligibility criteria of State/Territory authorities, you will receive an invitation to apply for the Business Innovation and Investment Provisional visa.
- Invitations are issued twice a month. You must apply online for the visa within 60 days of receiving the invitation. If you allow two invitations to lapse without applying for the visa, then you will have to submit a new EOI.
- Submit all necessary documents related to:
- English Language Proficiency
- Business documents related to your business career, net value of business, evidence of business ownership, evidence of participation in day-to-day management, net assets, evidence of investment activity, proof of ownership of qualifying business or eligible investments, proof of source of funds, proof of assets to be used for making complying investments, business turnover, investment experience, and innovation depending on the Stream of application.
- Submit your application online
- The processing time for Visa sub class 188 is nine months for low risk and high passport holders alike.
- Make the designated or complying investment when invited to do so if you have applied under the Investor Stream or Significant Investor Stream.
Interested Investors: Kindly complete the following form and we will contact you to discuss your global residency and citizenship investment options.