General Requirements for Temporary Residence Permit
The following requirements are applicable to all individuals applying for a temporary residence permit in Monaco.
- The applicant seeking Resident Permits must have significant wealth.
- While there is no minimum investment requirement imposed on immigrants, the applicant is required to have an account with a banking establishment in Monaco. The applicant must have adequate financial resources, which in case of investment immigrants, can be proved in the form of proof of sufficient savings by obtaining reference from a banking establishment in Monaco. Opening an account requires a deposit of around 50,000 to 100,000 Euros.
- The applicant must have accommodation in Monaco that is large enough to accommodate all the individuals residing with the applicant. Proof of accommodation may be in the form of personal or corporate ownership of a home or apartment, lease of a home or apartment, or stay with a close relative residing in Monaco.
- Proof of good character evidenced by copy of criminal records information from last two countries where the applicant had resided for a period of five years prior to the arrival in Monaco.
Application Procedure for Temporary Residence Permit
The application procedure for obtaining a temporary residence permit in Monaco depends on the nationality of the applicant. Citizens of European Economic Area and third countries need not obtain a long-stay visa before applying for the residence permit. Non EEA nationals must obtain the long-stay visa before filing the application.
- Non EEA nationals who have been in France for a period in excess of one year should apply for a transfer of residency from the French Embassy in Monaco. Those not residing in France must apply for a long-stay visa for Monacao at the French Consulate near the applicant’s place of residence before applying for the temporary permit.
- The applicants must submit the following documents:
- Proof of accommodation in the form of property deed, tenancy agreement that has been registered with the Department of Tax Services.
- Proof of ownership of adequate funds in the form of a reference from a banking establishment in Monaco certifying possession of sufficient funds to live in Monaco. This reference is issued only after deposit of 50,000 to 100,000 Euros. The applicant can also submit other proofs of ownership of assets and funds as may be required by the authorities.
- A valid passport or identity card.
- Birth certificate
- Criminal record information from authorities of all places where the applicant during the period of two years preceding the filing of the application.
- Proof of marriage and divorce or legal separation as applicable.
- of identity of children aged less than 16 years along with proof of custody, adoption, and schooling outside Monaco as applicable.
- The applicant must make an appointment with the Residents Section and submit the completed application form along with the necessary documents. If the application is approved after investigation, the permit will be available for collection within six weeks from the approval.
Interested Investors: Kindly complete the following form and we will contact you to discuss your global residency and citizenship investment options.