Malta has launched a revamped residency program designed to boost job creation and enhance the overall standard of living in the country by attracting foreign investment from non EU-nationals seeking fast-track long-term residence in Malta.
The applicant must not be a citizen of Malta, Switzerland, or an EEA nation.
The applicant must:
- Invest at least EUR 250,000 in asset classes as determined by Identity Malta,
- Invest in a qualifying property of prescribed value through purchase or lease, and
- Not less than EUR 270,000 in case of purchase and not less than EUR 10,000 per annum in case of a lease in south of Malta or Gozo
- Not less than EUR 320,000 in case of purchase and not less than EUR 12,000 per annum in case of a lease in any other region in Malta
- Make a minimum contribution of EUR 30,000.
Income Requirements: New Malta Residence Visa Program
The applicant must have an annual income of EUR 100,000 or net worth of EUR 500,000.
Other Requirements: New Malta Residence Visa Program
- Applicant must be of at least 18 years of age and must not have a criminal record.
- The applicant must have a valid travel document.
- The applicant must have adequate health insurance covering self and dependents for all risks covered for nationals of Malta across the European Union.
- The applicant must obtain adequate health insurance for self and dependents in Malta.
- The applicant must be a fit and proper person of good conduct and morals and fulfilling other requirements as evidenced by a police conduct certificate.
- The applicant should be a beneficiary of other residency programs except for the Global Residence Program. Beneficiaries of the GRP can apply under the new program provided they fulfill all additional eligibility requirements.
- Payment of administrative fee of EUR 5,500.
Inclusion of Dependents
The following dependents of the applicant can reside in Malta:
- Spouse of a monogamous marriage or a relationship with status similar to marriage.
- Minor children including adopted children.
- Children aged between 18 and 26 years provided they are unmarried and economically dependent.
- Child aged 18 years or above provided they are suffering a disability and are dependent on the applicant.
- Dependent parents and grandparents.
The applicant’s residential status cannot be inherited by heirs after his/her death.
Those ceasing to be a dependent as defined above will have to separately apply for residence in Malta.
Benefits for New Malta Residence Visa Program
Beneficiaries who comply with the investment requirements and other eligibility conditions will be granted the right to reside and settle in Malta for an indefinite period of time subject to continued fulfillment of applicable rules and regulations. This permit does not provide the right to work in Malta.
Further, beneficiaries will enjoy the right to visa-free travel within the Schengen area.
The Residence Certificate remains valid as long as the conditions prescribed continue to be met. The investments will be monitored yearly for the first five years. After five years, the Certificate will be monitored once in every five years. The Certificate will be withdrawn if the applicant ceases to comply with applicable eligibility requirements.
If New Malta Residence Visa Program application is approved, the applicant must deposit the contribution of EUR 30,000 less the administrative fee paid along with proof of minimum investment and the purchase or leasing of the property.
- The application must be submitted to Identity Malta through a registered approved agent or an accredited person
- The application must be accompanied by the following documents:
- Proof of purchase or lease of immoveable property of the prescribed value.
- Certified copy of valid travel documents.
- Proof of adequate health insurance for self and dependents
- Police conduct certificate that is not dated earlier than six months from the date of submission of the application.
- Sworn declaration that the applicant is not subject of any ongoing civil or criminal proceeding.
- Proof of payment of the administrative fees
- The completed application form undergoes the due diligence process, after which the outcome will be notified to the applicant.
- Upon approval of the application, the applicant must deposit the contribution after adjusting the administrative fee paid. Further, the applicant must submit proof of purchase or lease of the property.
- Upon submission of the necessary documents, the Certificate will be issued.
Interested Investors: Kindly complete the following form and we will contact you to discuss your global residency and citizenship investment options.