A Latvia Investor Residence Permit will be refused under the following conditions:
- Non-submission of required documents or explanations related to the permit.
- Providing false information, information obtained unlawfully or forged information.
- Not having adequate financial resources to reside in Latvia.
- Absence or non-submission of valid travel documents.
- Determination that the applicant is a threat to the public health of Latvia.
- Illegal residence in Latvia or the Schengen Area.
- A court judgment convicting the applicant for helping a foreigner enter Latvia or the Schengen Area illegally.
- The applicant is legally prohibited from entering Latvia or the Schengen Area.
- Conviction for a criminal offence in or outside Latvia that is punishable by deprivation of liberty for a period of three years as per Latvian law. This condition does not apply if five years have elapsed since the serving of the sentence.
- Applicant received remuneration or compensation for moving to another State for permanent residence. This condition does not apply if the applicant was a minor when receiving the remuneration or has reimbursed the remuneration.
- The inviter no longer has the right to reside in Latvia.
- The inviter withdraws the letter of invitation in writing.
- The inviter is deceased or is unable to perform his duties as required by the Immigration Law.
- The inviter is in pre-trial investigation or is deprived of liberty.
- The applicant has registered for military service with a foreign country.
- There is reason to believe that the foreigner has entered into a marriage of convenience to receive the residence permit.
- The applicant is under guardianship or trusteeship of a foreigner prohibited from entering Latvia.
- There is reason to believe that a child adoption is fictitious and done to enable the foreigner to receive the residence permit.
- Information provided by competent institutions constitutes grounds for rejection.
- The applicant poses a risk of illegal immigration.
- Reason to believe that the applicant’s true reason for applying for a residence permit does not match the reason indicated in the submitted documents.
- Non-compliance with investment conditions as prescribed by Immigration Law.
The temporary residence permit shall be annulled if the applicant violates the provisions of the Immigration Law.
General Information: Contact us to receive more information about this article.
Interested Investors: Kindly complete the following form and we will contact you to discuss your global residency and citizenship investment options.