Additional Documents Required for Latvia Investor Residence
Applicants belonging to all other countries are required to submit the following document along with all documents stated above irrespective of the nature of investment:
Statement concerning applicant’s criminal record issued by a competent police institution of the following countries:
- The country in which the investor is a citizen.
- Every country in which the investor has resided for more than 12 months. This requirement does not apply for individuals aged below 14 years.
Filing of Documents
Investors residing outside the Republic of Latvia and Schengen Area
Documents related to the application for a residence permit must be filed with the Latvian diplomatic or consular representative office within the investor’s country of residence
Investors holding valid Residence Permit to reside in Schengen Area
Documents related to the application for a residence permit must be filed with the Latvian diplomatic or consular representative office located within the Schengen Area Member State in which the applicant resides
Investors residing in a country with a valid unified visa
Documents related to the application for a residence permit can be filed with the Office of Citizenship and Migration Affairs, Riga Section No. 1 or at regional offices of the Office outside Riga City and Riga District.
The following investors can apply to the Office of Citizenship and Migration Affairs:
- Holder of a valid Latvian Residence Permit with at least 30 days left until expiry of validity
- An investor who, by virtue of citizenship of his country, is allowed to travel to Latvia without a visa
- Holder of a valid residence permit issued in another Schengen Member State
- Legal resident of Latvia and holder of long-term residence permit issued by a European Union Member State with at least 30 days until expiry of validity.
- Family member of an applicant who is a holder of a long-term residence permit issued by a European Union Member State and who is legally residing in Latvia. In this case, the family must have been formed in another EU Member State before the applicant applied for a temporary residence permit in Latvia.
Interested Investors: Kindly complete the following form and we will contact you to discuss your global residency and citizenship investment options.