Application for Hungary National Permanent Residence Investment
The holder of a residence permit under national economic interests can apply for national permanent residence by fulfilling the following conditions:
- The applicant holds a residence permit or a temporary residence permit.
- If holding a residence permit issued for some other purpose, the applicant has applied for a residence permit under national economic interest at least six weeks before the application for permanent national residence
- The applicant has held a residence permit for at least six months before the application for national permanent residence.
- It is in the national economic interest for Hungary to allow the applicant to settle permanently in the country.
The spouse of the applicant can apply for national permanent residence if the marriage took place at least two years before the submission of the application for national permanent residence. Children can also be included in the application. Other family members can also apply for national permanent residence by complying with the general rules prescribed by law.
A third country national who has purchased treasury bonds of a nominal value of more than €300,000 can, after a period of six months of stay, apply for a preferential national permanent residence without changing his or her residence permit. The spouse and minor children of the applicant will also be entitled to the preferential treatment described above.
Required Documents: Hungary National Permanent Residence Investment
- Birth certificate.
- Marriage certificate, if not submitted when applying for residence permit.
- Legally binding proof of marriage dissolution in the event of divorce.
- Proof that there are no legal obstacles to the permanent residence of a minor who is a third country national and under the legal guardianship of the applicant.
- Deed/Certificate proving
- Investment in treasury bonds.
- Possession of housing in Hungary. The document may be a copy of the title deed. The document must not be older than 3 months and it must prove ownership of a residential dwelling or tenancy agreement. The document may also be a notarized statement by a family member residing in Hungary.
- Purchase of insurance under social insurance law or entitlement for full health care benefits in Hungary
- Clean criminal record. This must be issued by authorities of the country where the applicant is a permanent or usual resident. The certificate must not have been issued more than six months prior to the application.
- Proof of future place of residence in Hungary. This may be in the form of a lease agreement, deed, declaration of acceptance, etc.
- Power of attorney,
- A photo portrait,
- Valid travel documents
Processing Time: Hungary National Permanent Residence Investment Immigration
A concerning the application decision will be made by a competent regional directorate within 3 months of the reception of the application.
Duration: Hungary National Permanent Residence Investment Immigration
An individual with permanent resident status is entitled to an indefinite stay in Hungary. The permit document is valid for five years and can be extended for an additional maximum term of five years on a case-by-case basis.
Apart from the right to stay in Hungary or stay in Schengen countries for 90 days every six months, the permit holder is entitled to rights and privileges guaranteed by the Hungarian Constitution and all other applicable laws.
Inclusion of family members
An applicant seeking permanent residence is entitled to include the following family members in the application:
- Spouse, provided the marriage was not concluded less than two years before the application.
- Minor children.
Obligation of Permanent Resident
- Apply for identity card with the Aliens Policing Authority upon receiving permanent residence status.
- Report all relevant changes in place of residence after the application submission.
- Notify authorities of dissolution of marriage or death of spouse within 60 days of receiving legally binding judgment on dissolution or issuance of death certificate.
- Inform the regional directorate if leaving Hungary with the intention of becoming permanent resident elsewhere.
General Information: Contact us to receive more information about this article.
Interested Investors: Kindly complete the following form and we will contact you to discuss your global residency and citizenship investment options.