Thailand is targeting wealthy British citizens looking to escape Brexit with its investment immigration program.
Thailand Elite Investment Visa – the government-owned entity set up to promote the Asian country’s investor visa – is actively recruiting in the UK, according to reports.
The program offers visas ranging from five to 20 years in exchange for investment starting at 800,000 Thai baht, rising to 2 million.
Thailand Elite Investment Visa Options
|Visa length (renewable every 5 years)||One-off fee||Annual fee||One-off additional member fee|
|Ultimate||20 years||2m Thai baht||20,000 Thai baht||N/A|
|Family Alternate||10 years||800,000 Thai baht||None||700,000 Thai baht|
|Family Excursion||5 years||800,000 Thai baht||None||300,000 Thai baht|
In return for the investment, candidates receive expedited immigration services for their renewable five-year visa and associated work permits, plus VIP access to applying for a driving licence.
Two of the three programs also offer visas for family members.
Each program has its own set of benefits, with the top level including free health checks, golf and spa treatments.
“I think that Brexit will give us an opportunity to even open more, or to introduce Thailand even on a broader scale,” said Pruet Boobphakam, president of Thailand Elite.
“You can live in Thailand for up to 20 years if you’d like to, therefore it would be a good opportunity for both countries, in terms of UK people and the Thai people.”
Thailand Elite: Privileges
All 3 Categories
- VIP greeting and escort on arrival and departure by Elite Personal Assistants
- Expedited immigration and passport control processing
- Exclusive arrival and departure lounges
- Complimentary round-trip limousine transfer from airport to residence or hotel (within Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Phuket, and Samui) on international flights
- Golf: Complimentary green fee (24 usages per calendar year)
- Spa: Complimentary spa treatment (24 usages per calendar year)
- Hospital: Complimentary annual health check up
Family Excursion Only
- Complimentary short-haul round-trip limousine transfer four times per calendar year from airport to residence or hotel* (within Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Phuket, and Samui) on international flights only
- Complimentary long-haul transfer service six times per calendar year* (international flights only)
Administrative Privileges (All 3 Categories)
- Immigration service, 90-day Report, expedite and assist in the processing of driver’s license, assist in opening bank accounts; business networking
Other Benefits (All 3 Categories)
- King Power Duty-Free benefits and special discounts at hotels, dining establishments, leading department stores and shopping malls
Thailand hopes its low cost of living will offset the costs of a British citizen making the move.
The average Thai cost of living comes in at 40 per cent lower than the UK, and it gets lower the more rural you are prepared to go.
The Thai visa is the latest addition to a growing number of countries offering residence in return for investment.
Countries are seeing the opportunity of drawing foreign investment by offering visas in return.
Many of the world’s major players have offered such visas for decades, including the US EB-5, the British Tier 1 Investor and the Canadian Quebec Immigrant Investor Program
Further readingContact us to receive more information about this article.
Interested Investors: Kindly complete the following form and we will contact you to discuss your global residency and citizenship investment options.