An immigrant investor seeking to establish business in South Africa or invest in a new business must fulfill the following conditions:
- Minimum investment of not less than R 5 million in new equipment or machinery. .
- Minimum 60% of the total staff employed in the operations of the business shall be citizens or permanent residents of South Africa.
- Registration of the business with all relevant Authorities, Funds, Professional Bodies, Councils, and Boards
Businesses Qualifying For Reduction or Waiver of Investment Requirements
Applicants investing in a new or existing business in the following sectors can apply for reduction or waiver of the minimum investment requirements:
- Business Process Outsourcing and IT Enabled Services
- Capital / Transport equipment, metals and electrical machinery and apparatus
- Electro Technical
- Textile, Clothing and Leather
- Consumer goods
- Pulp, paper and Furniture
- Automotives and Components
- Green Economy Industries
- Power Generation
- Renewable Energy
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Tourism infrastructure
- Chemicals, plastic fabrication and pharmaceuticals
- Creative and Design Industry
- Oil and Gas
- Mineral beneficiation
- Infrastructure Development
- Information Communication Technology
Waiver or reduction is not available for all businesses in these sectors. The comprehensive list of businesses eligible for reduction or waiver is provided in Gazette Notification No. 37837.
List of Undesirable Businesses in relation to application for a Business Visa or Business Residence Permit
- Import second hand motor vehicles into South Africa for purpose of exporting the vehicles to other markets outside South Africa.
- Exotic entertainment industry.
- Security Industry.
Interested Investors: Kindly complete the following form and we will contact you to discuss your global residency and citizenship investment options.