Australian Significant Investor Stream Investment Requirements:
For Applications made prior to 1 July, 215:
- You must invest at least AUD 5 million and hold the same for a period of at least four years. You can invest in any proportion in the following options:
- Bonds issued by the Commonwealth, State or Territory government
- Eligible managed funds restricted to funds investing in any or all of the following Australian assets:
- infrastructure projects in Australia
- cash held by Australian deposit-taking institutions
- bonds issued by the Australian Government or a State or Territory government
- bonds, equity, hybrids or other corporate debt in Australian companies and trusts listed on any Australian stock exchange
- bonds or term deposits issued by Australian financial institutions
- real property in Australia
- Australian agribusiness
- annuities issued by an Australian registered life company
- loans secured by mortgages over the investments listed above
- derivatives used for portfolio management and non-speculative purposes (which constitute no more than 20 per cent of the total value of the managed fund)
- other managed funds that invest in the investments listed above
- direct investment into private Australian companies – in which you have an ownership interest. The company must operate a qualifying business.
- You must show genuine and realistic intention and commitment to
- Reside in the State/Territory from where you have been nominated by its government agency.
- Continue your business/investment in Australia after the maturity of the complying investment.
- Live in Australia for a period of at least 160 days over a period of four years when holding the provisional visa.
- You and your partner, jointly or singly, must have lawful net assets of value not less than AUD 5 million available to making complying investment in Australia.
- You, your partner, or other family members aged 18 years or more must agree that the Commonwealth shall not be liable for any loss relating to your complying investment and that no action will be taken against the Commonwealth in this regard.
- Neither you nor your partner should be involved in unacceptable business or investments.
Applications made after July 1, 2015
You must invest at least AUD 5 million in the following proportion and hold the same for a period of at least four years.
Invest at least $500,000 in an Australian venture capital fund that invests funds in startup ventures and small private corporations. The funds must be invested in Venture Capital Limited Partnership or Early Stage Venture Capital Limited or an Australian Venture Capital Fund of Funds.
The investment will have to be made within 12 months of grant of the provisional visa.
Invest at least $1.5 million in managed investment funds that invest in companies with market capitalization of less than $500 million. The funds can be invested in:
- Securities listed on ASX.
- Securities listed on other stock exchanges, non-listed securities, and securities listed on foreign exchanges subject to maximum cap of 20%, 20%, and 10% of the NAV respectively.
- Entities with market cap exceeding $500 million cannot exceed 30% of the NAV.
- Securities issued by at least 20 issues should be incorporated into the fund within 3 months and not more than 10% of the NAV can be invested in a single issuer.
- Cash investments cannot exceed 20% of the NAV.
The balance amount of up to $3 million can be invested in insurance companies or managed funds investing in permissible assets like:
- ASX-listed companies’ securities.
- Infrastructure trusts.
- Corporate bonds and notes issued by listed companies or subsidiaries of listed companies.
- Investment grade bonds or notes of companies, including foreign, that are registered in Australia.
- Deferred annuities offered by registered Australian life insurers.
- Property subject to maximum limit of 10% of NAV in residential property.
- Cash held by ADI’s in Australia subject to a limit of 20%.
- Derivative assets.
- Investors and their family members or associates should not be involved in the management of the fund that is handling the investments.
- Loan back is not allowed and interests of the investor in the funds cannot be used as collateral.
- Private corporate investments and government bonds are not eligible assets under the SIV.
Interested Investors: Kindly complete the following form and we will contact you to discuss your global residency and citizenship investment options.