Saint Lucia has made its citizenship-by-investment program significantly more accessible by slashing investment thresholds, abandoning a minimum wealth requirement and ending a cap on the number of applications.
Individual investors in the Economic Fund stream are now required to contribute just $100,000, down from the previous threshold of $200,000.
This puts the program on a par with Dominica, although subsequent fees make the Dominican program slightly less expensive.
Saint Lucia National Economic Fund Investment Stream
(all amounts US dollars)
|Before Changes||After Changes|
|Applicant with spouse||$235,000||$165,000|
|Applicant with spouse and up to two other qualifying dependents||$250,000||$190,000|
|Each additional qualifying dependent||$25,000||$25,000|
Previously, candidates also had to declare financial resources of at least $3 million, a requirement that has been abandoned under new rules, which came into effect on January 3, 2017.
An annual application cap of 500 has also been removed.
As well as the single applicant, fees have also been reduced fore an applicant and their spouse (now $165,000) and an applicant with spouse and up to two dependents (now $190,000).
The option of investing in government bonds has also been reintroduced, with an administration fee of $50,000. Purchase of government bonds starts at $500,000.
Other streams remain unchanged, including a real estate investment of $300,000 and a business investment stream with a $1 million threshold.
The Saint Lucia program first started accepting applications in January 2015.
Benefits of Saint Lucia Citizenship by Investment program
- Visa-free access to access to 105 countries including North American and the EU.
- Ranked as the best nation among English-speaking Caribbean nations from 2007 to 2014 by the World Bank.
- A stable political society with rule of law and a mature democracy.
- A high quality of life including access to reputed healthcare and educational institutions.
- Saint Lucia To Offer Citizenship Investment Program in January 2016
- Saint Lucia Business Immigration
Interested Investors: Kindly complete the following form and we will contact you to discuss your global residency and citizenship investment options.