The immigrant investor should invest, in one or multiple enterprises in Ireland, a sum of not less than €500,000 for a period of at least three years. The investment in Irish enterprise(s) must fulfill the following conditions:
- The enterprise may be a startup established by the investor or an existing business in Ireland.
- The enterprise must be registered in Ireland and have its headquarters in the country.
- The enterprise must have bulk of its operations in Ireland i.e. at least 60% of all its employees and 60% of its cost base must be based in Ireland
- The investment in the enterprise should lead to creation and/or maintenance of jobs in Ireland.
- The investment must be made in the name of the applicant seeking residence under the Immigrant Investor Program.
- The investment should be held for a period of three years or more.
- The following investments are not considered as eligible investments for the purposes of this option:
- A speculative investment that seeks to boost profits through reduction of staff or transfer of jobs to other countries.
- An investment that is not in the name of the applicant. Even investment by a corporation in which the applicant is the sole owner is not acceptable.
- Purchase of publicly traded securities of enterprises is not an eligible investment under this investment option.
- Investing money in a commercial or residential property for further leasing or renting of such property to tenants is not an eligible investment.
Ireland Enterprise Investment option is suitable for immigrants who wish to set up a new enterprise in Ireland or wish to invest in an existing enterprise in the country. Ireland Enterprise Investment option helps investors exploit the advantages of setting up and running a business in Ireland.
Additional Documents for Ireland Enterprise Investment
- A comprehensive business plan detailing the quantum of investment, extent of job creation, extent of equity being acquired, and the expected return on investment.
- Additionally, an applicant investing in an existing business in Ireland or relocating a business to Ireland must submit the most recent audited statement of accounts of the business.
Click here for Common Documents.
Application Procedure for Ireland Enterprise Investment
- Submit the completed application form for the Ireland Immigrant Investor Program along with the details of the investment proposal and all supporting documents.
- The applicant should not proceed ahead with the investment without the approval of the investment proposal by the Evaluation Committee.
- The Committee is made up of senior officials of all relevant Government Departments and State Agencies. It meets four times in a year and assesses investment applications on the basis of the following factors:
- Applicant’s profile.
- Commercial feasibility of the investment.
- Creation of jobs by the proposed investment.
- Overall benefit to the state of Ireland.
- The Evaluation Committee shall recommend suitable applications for acceptance under the program to the Minister for Justice and Equality
- Upon approval of the application, the applicant is required to proceed ahead and execute the approved investments. Further, the applicant must obtain medical insurance covering all major medical expenses along with an affidavit of good character for self and all nominated family members above the age of 16 years.
- Upon finalization of the investment, the applicant and all nominated family members will be granted continuous residence permits under ‘Stamp 4’ conditions. Stamp 4 entitles the applicant and nominated family members to reside, study, work, or start a business in Ireland.
There are no minimum residence requirements related to the residence permit. The sole condition is that the applicant and all nominated family members must visit Ireland at least once in a calendar year.
On an average, approval of Immigrant Investor applications is granted in three to four months provided all necessary information and documents have been submitted by the applicant.
|Ireland Enterprise Investment||€750|
Don’t hesitate to contact us for a free consultation by calling us (514) 487-2011General Information: Contact us to receive more information about this article.
Interested Investors: Kindly complete the following form and we will contact you to discuss your global residency and citizenship investment options.