Ireland Immigrant Investor Program allows investors to choose any one of these investment options:
- Immigrant Investor Bonds
- Enterprise Investment
- Investment Fund
- Real Estate Investment Trusts
- Mixed Investment
There are no minimum residence requirements related to the residence permit. The sole condition is that the applicant and all nominated family members must visit Ireland at least once in a calendar year.
On an average, approval of Immigrant Investor applications is granted in three to four months provided all necessary information and documents have been submitted by the applicant.
Validity Of Residence Permit
The residence permit is initially granted for two years. The permit will be extended for an additional three years if the following conditions had been fulfilled throughout the preceding two-year period:
- The minimum investment is still in place.
- The applicant has not become a financial burden on Ireland.
- The applicant has not become subject of any investigation or has not been indicted or convicted of any criminal offence in any country.
The investment will be deemed to have been completed after the end of five years. After the first five years, extension of the residence permit for further period of five years will be subject to above-mentioned conditions related to the applicant’s financial standing and good conduct.
Inclusion of Family Members
The following family members shall be granted residency permit under the Immigrant Investor Program:
- Spouse/ Partner of applicant.
- Children aged less than 18 years provided the applicant or his/her spouse/partner has legal guardianship of such children.
- Unmarried children aged between 18-24 years who are financially dependent on their parents.
|Immigrant Investor Programme|
|Immigrant Investor Bond||€750|
|Real Estate Investment Trusts||€750|
The non-refundable application fee must be paid along with the submission of the application. The fee covers the principal applicant along with all the family members nominated in the application form.
|Start-up Entrepreneur Programme||€350|
The non-refundable application fee must be paid along with the submission of the application. The fee is not refundable even if the application is returned on grounds that the application is more suitable for consideration under the Business Permission Scheme instead of the High Potential Start-Up Programme.
Investment Discount for Educational Expenses
Investors intending to seek education in higher education institutions in Ireland for themselves or their family members can claim a discount on the minimum investments under the Immigrant Investor Program. The applicant must fulfill the following conditions:
- The educational expenses must be incurred within five years of grant of permission.
- The applicant and/or his/her family member should be accepted in an academic program in an Irish University or Institute of Technology and the educational expenses should be incurred for the aforesaid program.
- Applicant must provide a letter from the institution confirming that the applicant and/or family member has accepted a place in the educational institution.
- Applicant must provide letter from college as proof of annual fees of the educational course.
- The applicant must indicate intention of paying for educational expenses in the Application Form.
- The maximum discount on investment will not exceed €50,000.
- Discount cannot be claimed on retrospective educational expenses.
Gaining permission to reside under the Immigrant Investor Programme does not entitle the applicant for preferential access to citizenship through naturalization.
Applicant can seek citizenship through Naturalization by fulfilling the following conditions:
- Applicant must be physically residing in Ireland for not less than 12 months before the filing of application.
- Applicant must physically resident in Ireland for not less than four years out of the preceding eight years.
Physical residence is determined on basis of whether the individual has a home in Ireland and spends a significant part of the year in the country.
Withdrawal or Loss of Residence Permission
Residency status, once granted, shall be withdrawn in these circumstances:
- Fraudulent acquisition of residence permit.
- Investor has been served a deportation order.
- Investor has been convicted of a criminal offence.
- Investor does not hold the investment for the required minimum period.
- Investor failed to disclose information that makes him/her eligible on grounds of lack of good character.
Some documents are required for all investment choices along with some additional documents depending on the investor’s choice of investment option.
Irrespective of the choice of investment, the applicant must submit evidence of:
- Net Worth
- Funds for Investment
- Source of Funds
- Transferability of Funds
- Applicant’s Character
- Family Relationships
Interested Investors: Kindly complete the following form and we will contact you to discuss your global residency and citizenship investment options.