Hong Kong Investment Requirements for Residence Program
The following Hong Kong investment requirements apply to applications that are submitted on or after 14th October 2010.
- The applicant must be at least 18 years or above when applying under the Scheme.
- The applicant must possess net assets of not less than HK$10 million. For applications submitted before 14th October 2010, the minimum net asset requirement is HK$ 6.5 million.
- The applicant must be absolutely beneficially entitled to the assets for a period of not less than two years preceding the application. The fulfillment of this condition must be demonstrated by engaging a Practicing Certified Public Accountant.
- The applicant must invest a sum of not less than HK$10 million (HK$ 6.5 million before 14th October 2010) in permissible investment asset classes prescribed by law.
- The above-mentioned investment must have been made no earlier than six months before the submission of the application. Alternatively, the applicant has the option of investing the amount within six months of receiving the approval in principle.
- The applicant must demonstrate capability of supporting self and dependents without relying on returns from the above-mentioned investments, or employment in Hong Kong, or public assistance.
Apart from the above-mentioned conditions, the applicant should not have an adverse record in Hong Kong and in the applicant’s country or region of residence.General Information: Contact us to receive more information about this article.
Interested Investors: Kindly complete the following form and we will contact you to discuss your global residency and citizenship investment options.