An individual who is not a citizen of Cyprus can apply for citizenship of the country through naturalization by exception by fulfilling any one the following investment requirements:
- Purchase of State Bonds of the Republic of Cyprus: Investment of a sum of not less than €5 million in State Bonds of the Republic of Cyprus. With effect from 1st August 2014, only bonds purchased directly from the Ministry of Finance will be considered as eligible investment. Bonds not purchased from the primary market i.e. from the Ministry, will not be considered as eligible investment.
- Purchase of Financial Assets issued by Cypriot Companies: Investment of not less than €5 million in bonds, securities, debentures, or other financial assets issued in Cyprus by companies registered in Cyprus. These financial assets can be purchased from the primary as well as the secondary market.
- Investment in Real Estate, Land Development, or Infrastructure Projects: Investment of not less than €5 million in real estate, land development, or infrastructure projects through:
- Purchase or construction of buildings, or
- Construction of other residential or commercial land development projects, or
- Developments in tourism sector, or
- Other infrastructure projects.
- Mere purchase of land is not considered as eligible investment.
- Purchase, Creation, or Participation in Cypriot Businesses or Companies: Investment of not less than €5 million towards purchase, creation, or participation in businesses or companies based and operating in Cyprus. The investment can be made through conversion of deposits made with such companies into shares of such companies. The companies must fulfill the following conditions:
- Have an evident and tangible presence in Cyprus, and
- Employ at least five citizens of Cyprus.
- Investment in Fixed Deposits: Creation of a fixed deposit of a sum of not less than €5 million in Cypriot banks. The fixed deposits may be in the name of the applicant or in the name of private companies owned by the applicant or trusts in which the applicant is the beneficial owner.
- Combination of the Five Investment Options: Combination of the above-mentioned five options with the total investment by the applicant amounting to not less than €5 million.
- Depositors of the Popular Bank Public Company: The Popular Bank Public Company has been impaired due to measures implemented by the authorities with effect from 15th March, 2013. If the applicant has incurred an impairment of deposits with the above-mentioned institution for a sum of not less than €3 million, then he or she can apply for citizenship under this scheme without making any additional investment. If the impairment of deposits is for less than €3 million, then the investor can apply after making additional investment in any of the first five investment options mentioned above to bring the total amount to €3 million.
- Collective Investment Schemes: The Council of Minister of Cyprus retain the right to reduce the minimum investment required in the first four investment options, viz. Government Bonds, Financial Assets, Real Estate, and Cypriot Business Purchase, for investors participating in collective investment schemes subject to the following conditions:
- Minimum investment may be reduced to €2.5 million if the total value of the collective investment is up to €12.5 million. This option is not available for investors applying after 1st June, 2014.
- Minimum investment may be reduced to €2 million if the total value of the collective investment is more than €12.5 million.
Interested Investors: Kindly complete the following form and we will contact you to discuss your global residency and citizenship investment options.