Investment in National Development Fund
Established under Section 42(2) of the Finance Administration Act, 2006, the National Development Fund is a nonprofit fund set up for funding of government projects, public-private partnerships, and other charitable investments approved by the government.
An investor has the option of acquiring citizenship by making a one-time investment of a minimum amount of US $200,000 into the NDF(National Development Fund). If applying with a family of more than four dependents, the minimum contribution is $250,000
By virtue of the investment, citizenship can be acquired for the primary applicant, his or her spouse, dependent children, and dependent parents above the age of 65 years without any additional contribution requirements.
Application Process Under NDF( National Development Fund) Option
- Obtain the form from a local authorized agent licensed by the Citizenship by Investment Unit of the Government of Antigua and Barbuda
- Submission of the completed application form along with necessary documents should be accompanied by payment of requisite due diligence fees and 10% of the total government processing fee. The application shall be processed and verified by the agency implementing the program.
- The Citizenship by Investment Unit shall verify the application form and convey the approval, rejection, or continuation of processing due to delay within three months of the submission of the application.
- Upon approval, a Letter of Approval will be issued along with instructions for deposit of the balance government processing fee, passport fees, and contribution of US $200,000 into the National Development Fund. The payment should be made within 30 days from the approval of the application.
- Upon submission of proof of payment of all necessary fees and the contribution amount, the Certificate of Registration of Citizenship will be issued for the applicant and all eligible dependents.
- Along with the application and other essential documents, the Certificate should be submitted for processing of the passport issued by the Government of Antigua and Barbuda
- The applicant will be required to take the oath or affirmation of allegiance upon his or her first visit to Antigua and Barbuda. Alternatively, the investor can visit an embassy, high commission, or Consular Office to complete this requirement.
The National Development Fund is answerable to the Parliament and is required by law to submit biannual reports with all necessary details and information. The reports shall be presented to the Parliament and help maintain Parliamentary oversight on the transparent operation of the Fund. The report shall also be audited by an internationally reputed accounting organization.General Information: Contact us to receive more information about this article.
Interested Investors: Kindly complete the following form and we will contact you to discuss your global residency and citizenship investment options.