- The applicant, singly or with accompanying legal or de-facto spouse must have legally obtained net assets of not less than $1,600,000 CAN excluding donations received within six months of the date of filing of the application.
- The application must possess management experience in
- A legal, farming, commercial or industrial business, or
- A legal professional business with not less than two full-time staff, or
- An international agency, or
- A government or one of its departments or agencies.
Definition of Management Experience
The applicant must have, for at least two of the five years immediately preceding the application for selection, exercised duties related to planning, management and control of
- Financial resources,
- Human resources, or
- Material resources.
Experience obtained during apprenticeship, training or specialization process confirmed by a diploma is not eligible for consideration.
- The application must intend to settle in Québec and sign an agreement to invest $800,000 CAN for a period of five years.
- The agreement must be signed with a financial intermediary authorized to participate in the Investor Program.
- This investment is guaranteed by the Government of Quebec.
- The investment agreement must be submitted along with the Application for Selection Certificate.
- Borrowing from brokers and trust companies for financing the investment is permissible.
- The revenues generated by the investment made by the applicant will be used to finance two Québec business assistance programs.
- Upon expiry of the five-year term, the investment will be reimbursed within a period of 30 days. No interest will be payable on the investment. The reimbursement amount may vary if the application borrows money for financing the investment.
Along with the investment requirements, the selection process will also consider the applicant’s age, nature of professional training, the duration of such training, and your language skills.