Belgium Temporary Residence in Excess of Three Months
Investor immigrants can obtain the right to reside permanently in Belgium by applying for Visa D, which gives the right to reside in Belgium for a period of more than three months and applying for permanent residence after five years of continuous residence in the country.
Investment Requirements: Belgium Temporary Residence Permit
Belgium does not prescribe any minimum investment requirement for investors seeking permanent residence in the country. The applicants are merely required to have stable, regular and sufficient financial resources along with sickness insurance to qualify for the residence permit.
Adequacy of financial resources is determined on the basis of level of income beneath which social assistance is granted in Belgium. The applicant must have assured income in excess of this basic level of income as determined by authorities in Belgium.
Fees: Belgium Temporary Residence Permit
Visa D: Temporary residency : EUR180
Residence Certificate : EUR 20
Inclusion of Family Members: Belgium Temporary Residence Permit
The applicant can seek the entry of family members provided the applicant has adequate financial resources to take care of the entire family when residing in Belgium.
Family members include:
- Spouse or partner,
- Children under the age of 21 years,
- Parents/grandparents in the care of the applicant,
- Spouses of the persons mentioned above.
Validity of Temporary Residence Permit: Belgium Temporary Residence Permit
The electronic residence permit issued to the applicant or his/her family members is valid for a period of five years and is renewable upon expiry. The paper permit has permanent validity.
Application Procedure: Belgium Temporary Residence Permit
- When seeking residence as a person of sufficient private means, EU citizens must apply to the local municipal authority in Belgium for a registration certificate within three months of entering Belgium.
- Non EU citizens are required to apply to a Belgian embassy or consulate in their country of origin for a temporary residence permit.
- The applicant must submit the following documents:
- Proof of being an EU citizen.
- Valid proof of identity
- Copy of the passport
- Evidence of sufficient financial resources including personal assets and means of subsistence obtained from third parties for sustenance of the applicant and his/her family.
- Proof of accommodation in Belgium
- Proof of adequate sickness insurance.
- Proof of family relationship, marriage, or partnership with spouse or partner.
- Proof that descendants like children under the age of 21 years and ascendants like parents are dependent on the applicant.
- Non EU citizens must submit the following additional documents
- Certificate of good conduct or other character document recognized by Belgian authorities. The document must not be older than 6 months from the date of filing of application.
- Medical certificate issued by a doctor recognized by the Belgian Embassy or Consulate;
- Non EU citizen applicants must file register with the Population or Aliens Department of the Municipality of residence within 3 working days of arrival in Belgium.
- The applicant must submit all the required documents within three months of submission of the application for the residence permit.
- If all documents are submitted and are in order, then the local authority may issue the registration certificate without referring the application to the Aliens Office.
- If the applicant derives income from a third person who is not a citizen of the EU or is unable to provide proof of relationship with his/her family members, then the application may be forwarded to the Aliens Office. In such cases, the Aliens Office will take a decision within five months.
- If the applicant’s family members are not EU citizens, then the applicant must seek a family member residence card within three months of the entry of the family member in the country.
- The investor immigrant will be required to provide proof of relationship with the family member and proof of having adequate financial resources for the sustenance of the family in Belgium.
Interested Investors: Kindly complete the following form and we will contact you to discuss your global residency and citizenship investment options.