Anguilla is a British Overseas Territory located in the Eastern Caribbean. It is known for its long, sandy beaches, and high-end tourism industry. It also boasts a nimble financial services industry.
The Anguilla residence-by-investment program and high-value resident program are designed to attract high net worth individuals who wish to become permanent residents of the island and benefit from its attractive tax regime.
Anguilla Residence-By-Investment Program
To qualify for residence by investment, the applicant has two options:
- Purchase or construct real estate for a minimum value of $750,000 and maintain it for a minimum of five years;
- Make a one-time contribution to Anguilla’s Capital Development Fund, which is used to finance public sector projects that grow, develop and diversify Anguilla’s economy. This starts at $150,000 for a single applicant.
Anguilla High Value Resident Program
This program targets people who spend less than 90 days per year in any one jurisdiction but still need to declare a tax residence.
The applicant must:
- Pay $75,000 per year in annual worldwide income tax to Anguilla’s Treasury; and
- Own and maintain a property in Anguilla valued in excess of $400,000 (inclusive of land purchase in excess of $100,000); and
- Establish other genuine links in Anguilla, and
- Spend a minimum number of days in Anguilla each year; and
- Declare annually, in writing, that they are spending less than 183 days per year in any other country; and
- Demonstrate the ability to readily transfer the total amount of funds covering the annual lump-sum tax obligations for the first five years; and
- Pay the program’s application and due diligence fees, and remains in good standing throughout his residency period.
The programme is not a citizenship by investment program. After five years of residency it is possible to apply to become a British Overseas Territories Citizen and eventually a British Citizen.General Information: Contact us to receive more information about this article.
Interested Investors: Kindly complete the following form and we will contact you to discuss your global residency and citizenship investment options.