The month of September saw 31 invitations to apply issued to candidates under the Manitoba immigration business stream. The scores required ranged from 90 to 95.
A total of 21 ITAs were issued to candidates scoring 90 points, with the rest going to those scoring more than the lower threshold for the stream, part of the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP).
The province received 30 business applications during August, including those from the Farm Strategic Recruitment Initiative.
Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program: 2017 Business Stream Draws
|Month||Invitations to apply||Range of scores||Applications received|
|September 2017||31||90 to 95||30|
|August 2017||27||90 to 100||41|
|July 2017||40||89 to 97||31|
|June 2017||50||87 to 97||84*|
|May 2017||40||87 to 99|
|April 2017||40||87 to 97||30|
|March 2017||50||87 to 95||41|
|February 2017||40||85 to 95||33|
|January 2017||40||85 to 100||35|
*Total for May and June combined
Invitations to apply are issued to the highest scoring candidates in the pool when the draw is made.
Where scores are tied and places are limited, priority goes to the most recently updated application.
Candidates are selected several times a month, with the range of scores varying each time. The composition of the pool changes each time candidates enter or are selected.
Manitoba Provincial Nominee Immigration Program for Business
This program recruits and nominates qualified business people from around the world with the intent and ability to move to Manitoba and establish or purchase a business or become a partner in an existing business. In order to be eligible, candidates must demonstrate:
- A minimum personal net worth of $350 000;
- Three years of business or farm ownership experience (or in a senior management role);
- Intention to invest a minimum of $150,000 into establishing or purchasing 33.3 per cent of a business in Manitoba.
- If approved, candidates must make a $75 000 deposit to the Government of Manitoba which will be refunded when the investment is made and the business/farm is operational.
The processing time for the provincial portion of the application is one to two months, followed by ten to fifteen months for the federal portion.
Manitoba Farm Strategic Recruitment Initiative
The aim of this program is to recruit and nominate qualified farm business people who have the intent and ability to move to Manitoba and establish or purchase a farm, or become partners in an existing farm business. Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Have a minimum personal net worth of $350,000;
- Make a minimum investment of $150,000 into establishing or purchasing a farm;
- Have three years of farm ownership/management experience;
- Demonstrate adaptability, specifically relating to practical farming skills, technical knowledge and experience in technological based farming practices that will transfer directly to Manitoba’s current primary farm production industry.
- If approved, candidates are also required to make a $75 000 deposit.
The applicant must also:
- Conduct a farm business research visit to Manitoba. The applicant must provide a visit report and other documents to demonstrate the research conducted during this visit.
- Attend and conduct an interview upon request of Manitoba immigration officer in either of Canada’s two official languages after the application has been submitted and application fee paid.
- Reside in Manitoba with his/her family.
General Information: Contact us to receive more information about this article.
Interested Investors: Kindly complete the following form and we will contact you to discuss your global residency and citizenship investment options.